Monday, November 19, 2007

Personal Treasures







Loooong Hessonite Stripe Necklace


Meet Phyllis Mufson of Personal Treasures http://personaltreasures.etsy.com/, http://personaltreasures.blogspot.com/ and Mufi Jewels http://mufi.etsy.com/.

What items do you sell?
One of a kind and limited edition gemstone beaded jewelry, necklaces, earrings and bracelets.

Where, how, when did you learn your craft?
I learned how to do the basics by reading instructions on the Internet.








Pink Biwa Pearl Ruffle Necklace






Who has been your biggest inspiration?
My customers. In addition to ETSY I sell through jewelry parties and trunk shows so I see women interact with the jewelry; talk with them about what’s important to them, and see my jewelry on many women so I know which designs are particularly flattering to wear. I love their enthusiasm for what I do.

How long have you been doing your craft?
3 years

Tell us a little about your design style?
I had a career as a textile artist before picking up a bead. My background in textiles influences how I design. I'm very concerned with drape and how the jewelry moves with the body. I'm also inspired by the stones and like to challenge myself by choosing unusual stones and then figuring out what to do with them.





Bali Silver Spheres Earrings



How long have you been selling on Etsy?
Since September

What do you want the readers to notice about your work?
That almost all of the work is one of a kind. In a few cases I have limited editions, and an edition of 5 is the largest I’ve made. They’re made carefully with love. If I’m not satisfied with a piece I’ll keep making it over until I am. The materials are sterling silver, gold-filled and vermeil, gemstones and pearls. (Some additional materials at the Mufi store.)

What do you like most about selling on Etsy?
It’s a fun place to shop and there is a nice community among the sellers. I’m a buyer as well as a seller.


Where can the reader find you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much. I love the article and your photo choices.

Phyllis

Over The Top Aprons said...

Very nice feature. I like the clean look of your blog; very nice!

Giftbearer said...

That stripe necklace is so graceful!