Friday, November 30, 2007

Moda Designs Jewelry




3-Strand Amber, Topaz, and Magnet Bracelet With Healing Magnets Give the gift of healing this holiday season




How long have you been selling online? Did you make your living as an artist before then, and how?
2 years.
Does anyone EVER make a living as an artist? No.




What do you think the benefits are to selling online for the disabled artist, if there are any?
(I know that for my mom, the physical labor involved in doing a show isn't possible, so that was a big plus for her). Well, there is less running around, I guess, but I do that too. This is just another outlet for my sales. The best part is having a social life without leaving the house!


Large Faceted Amethysts and Bali Silver Pendant and Ear Rings Shop HANDMADE this holiday season (J1)




Have you interacted at all with other online sellers with disabilities?
(I'm curious as to the extent of an online "community) Most sellers here have one disability or another. Low mood is the biggest issue with artists. "The artist's melancholy."




Are there any particular sites or resources that you depend on or sell through, besides Etsy? Anything you can recommend?
It doesn't hurt to look around, but Etsy has brought me the majority of my sales. Other sale sites are confusing to try to sell on.



Does your physical condition influence your art, and is it reflected in it?
I mostly sell bracelets with magnets in them. These are for pain releif. I can tell people what it's done for me. How it's relieved my pain...


Dark Amber and Healing Magnet Arthritis Relief Bracelet Only 26 Dollars Shop HANDMADE this holiday season

Where can the reader find Moda Designs Jewelry?
Metal Bracelets: http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb46/modadesigns/Precious%20Metals%20Bracelets/ some of the supplies for these creations can be found in my Etsy supplies shop: http://cheapboutique.etsy.com




1 comment:

Over The Top Aprons said...

Lovely feature ... she does beautiful work! BTW I love the pictures of your children.... how delightful!