Sunday, October 21, 2007

Interview with the Featured Artist!!! CoconutPalmDesigns

This Welcome sign is hand painted blue. All the details are carved out using a dremel and the zig zag border is painted back in in green, carmel and red.
1.Your name:

Joanne


2.Your shop name

CoconutPalmDesigns


3. If your shop name isn't your name, is there a little story about how you got that name?

I wasn't really sure what to pick for my shop name but I wanted something to signify that I lived in a tropical country but something that didn't relate specifically to one type of craft or another. Also, on my land, here in Belize, we planted over 500 coconut trees last year so I think I had the idea of coconuts in my head.


4. Where can we find you?



Joanne says, "Sign making has turned into a great outlet for my creative energies and finally I am using my graphic design training for something exciting."






This Welcome sign is hand painted in purple. The words, butterflies and fish on the main part are carved out using a dremel and then the butterflies and fish are painted back in.

2 comments:

Giftbearer said...

I like that you describe the process! Very interesting read.

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Thanks for the great feature! It looks wonderful.