Monday, December 3, 2007

My Heart 2 Yours!


Introducing Katie Lyn Sherry owner of My Heart 2 Yours! At My Heart 2 Yours you will find beautifully paper crafted art items like altered checkbook covers, altered monogram letters. When asked where, how, when did you learn your craft she said, “I can't remember exactly, I've been doing this since I could hold scissors in my hand.” Katie’s husband has been her biggest inspiration. He sees the little things that she does and encourages her to fly with whatever she feels like doing. “Right now as we save for our down payment on a house, we live in a 2 bedroom apartment. He graciously gave me the master bedroom and bathroom as my art studio, we sleep in the spare bedroom with the tiny closet. How sweet is that!” Wow, now that is TRUE support and LOVE!Katie likes surprising details in her design style. She says, “at first glance a piece should have balance and be nice to look at, but with further inspection there should be things to discover. I do this by using Swarovski crystals or charms, ribbons etc.”Katie has been selling on Etsy for 6 months. Katie would like you to see how original her designs are. She does not copy other artists or designers. “I love to create my own things.” She loves the handmade venue of Etsy!




http://www.myheart2yours.etsy.com/
http://katiepaper.blogspot.com/


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Great feature ~ nicely done!